Monday 16 February 2015

Differentiated homework tasks

Over the past term I have been trying to create homework tasks with more purpose and also find a way to easily differentiate the tasks.

I came up with a PowerPoint slide which shows three levels of homework - much like a takeaway menu but on a simpler scale.


The pictures of the cakes relate to the different levels of homework task. I have used this now for several weeks with Year 8 and they now understand that they choose their own task in relation to their target level. They are able to choose a task and I have only had to discourage a few from choosing a too simple task.

My next challenge will be to further differentiate the tasks - I hope to make the challenging tasks different compared to a higher expectation of the simple task.

No comments:

Post a Comment